Thursday, July 9, 2009

No More Locs :(

Ok so since this is my first blog im going to dedicate it to my infamous locs. I spell it locs instead of locks because it just looks prettier that way. I jsut recently cut them, because i felt like i was in a time in my life where i needed to change and i felt like i grew out of them. Which i never thought possible, but like many people when you want to feel different you usually express your change in your hair; so i guess thats what happened. I made it such i big deal, i decided not to tell anyone as i was cutting them off at fove o clock in the morning. I didnt want anyone to change my mind or make me feel bad.

But my question to you is this....do u think that the modeling industry is ready for the natural black? As most of you know i am a model, an aspiring model, so my foot is not quite in the door. I met people who loved them, and people who hated them. (in the industry). The ones who hated them never really came out and said it, but i could tell. When i say natural black i dont mean the african women, with no hair (practically bald all the time), who designers just throw on the runway to appease our thirst for black models on the catwalk. Im talking about your everyday black girl, hips, butt, legs, lips, oh and natural hair texture (afros, cornrolls, flatwists, goddess braids, locs!!!). Truthfully, i dont think so. But shouldnt we be considered in the fashion world???

No comments:

Post a Comment